I am so excited to be part of the Harmony Blanket Square design group. If this is the first you’ve heard of the Harmony Blanket Knit-along, find out more from Marie at The Underground Crafter.
Without further ado, here’s the pattern:
Finished Size: 6 x 6 inches (approx. 15 x 15 cm)
Yarn Type: Square pictured uses Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Aquamarine, approximately 40 yd (36 m)
Needle Size: 8 (5 mm)
Cast on 26 Stitches (I use long tail for stability, but any cast on will work.)
1: Knit across to last stitch, P1
2: S1, Knit to last stitch, P1
3 & 4: repeat border row 2 twice
5: S1, K3, (P2, K2*) *repeat to last 6, P2, K3, P1
6 (and all even rows): S1, K3, Purl to last 4, K3, P1
7: repeat row 5
9: S1, K4, (P2, K2*) *repeat to last 5, K4, P1
11: repeat row 9
13: S1, K3, (K2, P2*) *repeat to last 6, K5, P1
15: repeat row 13
17: S1, K3, P1, (K2, P2*) *repeat (to last 5), K4, P1
19: repeat row 17
20: repeat row 6
Repeat rows 5-20 until the piece measures 5 ½ inches (14 cm). (Finish with a right side, odd numbered, row before starting border.)
Repeat border row 2, 4 times
Bind off and sew in ends.
How To Join the Harmony Blanket Knit-A-Long
• Sign up for the Knit-A-Long weekly newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
• You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
• Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
• If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
• By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful squares. Learn new stitches while making a blanket and having fun with us!
As patterns are released, the Harmony Blanket KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter.